Starting at Release 10.1, users can also be created in Metasys UI. To create a new user in Metasys UI, complete the following steps:
- Open User Management.
- In the default tab (Users), tap or click +
USER. The Create New User window
opens. Note: On a smartphone, tap + to create a new user.
- Select the user type from the Type list. Selectable user types include Metasys, Active Directory, and RADIUS users.
- Enter a username in the mandatory Username field.
- Enter a password in the mandatory Password field.
Review the password rules listed on the right of the Create New
User window. Note: On a smartphone, tap the information icon next to Password to review the password rules.
- Confirm the password in the Confirm Password field.
- Select a user role from the Role list. Note: You must assign at least one role to a user.
- Tap or click CREATE AND EDIT to create the user and further edit the user details. Or, tap or click CREATE AND CLOSE to create the user with the details you entered.