To provide access to the Metasys system for users that are authenticated by a RADIUS server:
- Using Metasys Launcher, start and log in to the SMP with any Metasys system administrator account.
- On the SMP UI screen, select Figure 1. Security Administration Window
. The Security Administration window appears.
- Add a new RADIUS user in one of two ways:
- In the Insert Menu, click
Insert RADIUS User. Figure 2. Adding a New User through the Menu Bar
- Right-click the RADIUS Users folder. Select Insert.
- In the Insert Menu, click Insert RADIUS User.
- The User Properties dialog box
appears. Enter the User Name. Notes:
- Spell out the User Name the same as defined and expected by the RADIUS server.
- Many fields appear dimmed when you add a RADIUS user account because they are controlled by a RADIUS server. These fields include: Password, Verify Password, View Blocked Words List, View Password Policy, Min Password Length, Max Password Length, User Must Change Password at Next Logon, and User Cannot Change Password.
- Review the selections in the remaining tabs to ensure
that the appropriate Metasys authorization is assigned to the user. Then
click OK. Once you add a new RADIUS user, the new user
account is opened to the Access Permissions page. Note: The Maximum Password Age and Password Uniqueness fields on the Account Policy tab do not apply to RADIUS users because those features are handled by the RADIUS server.