The FX-PC Family Controllers and network sensors communicate using the standard BACnet protocol. The BACnet protocol is a standard for ANSI, ASHRAE, and the International Standards Organization (ISO) for building controls.
PCG and PCV devices are BTL-listed as BACnet Application Specific Controllers (B-ASCs). The PCA controllers are BTL-listed as BACnet Advanced Application Controllers (B-AACs). The NS Series Sensors are BTL-listed as BACnet Smart Sensors (B-SSs).
The PCA4911 communicates using the BACnet/SC or BACnet/IP communication protocols. Use CCT Release 10.1 or later to switch the Field Bus communications protocol in supported controllers to be either the standard BACnet MS/TP or the N2 protocol. All new controllers use either BACnet MS/TP as the default communications protocol, or BACnet/IP. Switchable communications protocols in the MS/TP models provide a cost-effective upgrade and modernization path for customers with existing N2 controllers.
The Modernization Guide for Legacy N2 Controllers (LIT-12012045) and the controller-specific documentation provide installation and commissioning support and include tips for efficient and safe replacement. Refer to the N2 Compatibility Options section of the Controller Tool Help (LIT-12011147) for information about mapping N2 Objects in controllers with switchable communications protocols.
You can use the N2-capable FX-PC Controllers as functional replacements for legacy N2 controllers. The N2-capable FX-PC Controllers include the following features and settings:
- The I/O quantities and characteristics of the FX-PC family controllers
- Must be programmed with CCT
- Support SA Bus devices
- Support WRZ wireless sensors from the controller using the FX-WRZ7860 receiver when configured for BACnet MS/TP communication
- Zone Bus, for example, TMZ sensors and M100 actuators
- Passthrough in the commissioning mode
- Remote downloading or commissioning using BACnet routing
- Wireless connection to the N2 bus