- Large product family
- Provides a wide range of point mix to meet application requirements and allows for the addition of one or more PCXs to provide even more I/O capacity.
- Standard hardware and software platform
- Uses a common hardware design throughout the family line to support standardized wiring practices and installation workflows. It also uses a common software design to support the use of a single tool for control applications, commissioning, and troubleshooting to minimize technical training.
- Universal Inputs, configurable Outputs, and point expansion modules
- Allow multiple signal options to provide input/output flexibility.
- Auto-tuned control loops
- Proportional Adaptive Control (P-Adaptive) and Pattern Recognition Adaptive Control (PRAC) deliver continuous control loop tuning, which reduces commissioning time, eliminates change-of season re-commissioning, and reduces wear and tear on actuators.
- Standard BACnet protocol
- Provides interoperability with Johnson Controls and third-party BAS products that use the widely accepted BACnet standard.
- BACnet Testing Laboratories™ (BTL) listed
- Ensures interoperability with other BTL-listed devices. BTL is a third-party agency that validates BAS vendor products meet the BACnet industry-standard protocol.
- Models to support communication protocols that are switchable between BACnet MS/TP and N2
- At CCT Release 10.1, a new capability allows controllers to be configured to communicate using either the BACnet MS/TP or the N2 field bus networking protocol. The operation of the PCX is not affected by the selection of the BACnet MS/TP or the N2 protocol in the host controller.
- Models to support BACnet/SC and BACnet/IP communications
- The PCA4911 and the PCV1930 communicate over the BACnet/SC or BACnet/IP protocol.
This allows more flexibility in choosing the devices for your site's
network. BACnet/SC is a new protocol
that provides a secure method of communication on IP networks. It
uses standards widely accepted by the IT community and eliminates
many of the IT concerns.
Note: You can upgrade existing PCV1930 units in the field to support BACnet/SC, but this model is discontinued from manufacturing.
- Wireless ZFR and ZFR Pro support
- Wireless ZFR and ZFR Pro support provides a wireless alternative to hard-wired MS/TP networking, offering application flexibility and mobility with minimal disruption to building occupants, and also simplifies and speeds up replacements.
- Optional local User Interface display
- Allows convenient monitoring and adjusting capabilities at the local device.
- 32-Bit microprocessor
- Ensures optimum performance and meets industry specifications.
- End-of-Line (EOL) switch in MS/TP field controllers
- Enables field controllers to be terminating devices on the communications bus.
- Pluggable communications bus and supply power terminal blocks
- Expedite installation and troubleshooting.
- Writable flash memory
- Allows standard or customized applications to be downloaded from the Controller Configuration Tool (CCT) and enables persistent application data.