Observe these guidelines when mounting a field controller:
- Ensure the mounting surface can support the controller, DIN rail, and any user-supplied enclosure.
- Mount the controller horizontally on 35 mm DIN rail whenever possible.
- Mount the controller in the proper mounting position (Figure 1).
- Use shims or washers to mount the controller securely and evenly on the mounting surface.
- Mount the controller in an area free of corrosive vapors and observe the Ambient Condition requirements in Table 1.
- Provide for sufficient space around the controller for cable and wire connections for easy cover removal and good ventilation through the controller (50 mm [2 in.] minimum on the top, bottom, and front of the controller).
- Do not mount the controller on surfaces prone to vibration, such as duct work.
- Do not mount the controller in areas where electromagnetic emissions from other devices or wiring can interfere with controller communication.
Observe these additional guidelines when mounting a field controller in a panel or enclosure:
- Mount the controller so that the enclosure walls do not obstruct cover removal or ventilation through the controller.
- Mount the controller so that the power transformer and other devices do not radiate excessive heat to the controller.
- Do not install the controller in an airtight enclosure. Figure 1. Verasys Equipment Controller Mounting Position