Before you apply power or operate the ZEC510, you must set a valid and unique device address for the controller on the bus. Ensure that your system meets the following prerequisite configuration and complete the addressing steps.
- Identify the addresses when you design the system before the installation so that the rest of the devices on the bus do not conflict with the address you select for the ZEC510.
- Set a unique and sequential device address for each of the field controllers connected on the system bus or zone bus, starting with device address 4. To ensure the best bus performance, set sequential device addresses with no gaps in the device address range (4, 5, 6, and so on). The controllers do not need to be physically connected on the bus in their numerical device address order.
To set the device addresses on the ZEC510, complete the following steps:
- Set all of the switches to the off position on the DIP switch block.
- Set the highest number switch that is less than or equal to the intended device
address to ON.Note: The highest address that you can set is 127, so ensure that DIP switch 128 is OFF.
- Continue setting lower numbered switches until the total equals the intended address.
- Write each field controller’s device address on the white label below the DIP switch block on the cover of the controller.
Refer to the Verasys BACnet MS/TP Communications Technical Bulletin (LIT-12012362) for more information on field controller device addresses and how to set them on MS/TP bus devices.