Follow these safety guidelines before mounting the controller:
Important: When the air supply to the VAV box is below 10°C (50°F), make sure that any condensation on the VAV box, particularly on the damper shaft, does not enter the ZEC510 electronics. Mount the ZEC510 vertically above the damper shaft so that any shaft condensation falls away from the ZEC510. Additional measures may be required in some installations.
- Ensure that the mounting surface can support the ZEC510 and any user-supplied enclosure.
- Mount the ZEC510 on a hard, even surface.
- Use shims or washers to mount the ZEC510 securely and evenly on the mounting surface if necessary.
- Mount the ZEC510 in an area free of corrosive vapors that matches the ambient conditions specified in the Technical specifications section.
- Provide at least 50 mm (2 in.) on the top, bottom, sides, and front of the controller for cable and wire connections and adequate ventilation through the controller.
- Do not mount the ZEC510 in areas where electromagnetic emissions from other devices or wiring can interfere with controller communication.
- Avoid mounting the ZEC510 on surfaces with excessive vibration.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). For example, a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and gloves.
Follow these additional guidelines when mounting the ZEC510 in a panel or enclosure:
- Do not install the ZEC510 in an airtight enclosure.
- Mount the ZEC510 so that the enclosure walls do not obstruct cover removal or ventilation through the controller.
- Mount the ZEC510 so that the power transformer and other devices do not radiate excessive heat to the controller.