The following steps describe the initial UVM Configuration Tools installation process and the specific data required by each tab.
About this task
To utilize the Microsoft.net architecture, open the UVM folder
and run the Setup.exe program to install the VB Powerpack 10.
If the VB Powerpack 10 fails to install, use the link below for manual installation. An internet connection is required:
- To use the software, use a USB-RS485 adaptor cable that is installed on the computer. Triatek part number 5-300102 or commercially, USB-RS485-WE-1800-BT.
- Note which CommsPort the RS485 cable is installed. To determine which port the cable is installed, click Control Panel >Device Manager >CommPorts. To see which CommPort disappears and reappears from the screen, pull the USB plug out and plug it in again.
- Click Run to install the configuration program. If any of the ports are not present, the associated port tab is highlighted in red.
- To manually change the RS485 CommsPort settings or the ProgrammerPort settings, click the CommsPort, ProgrammerPort, PowerSupplyPort, OEMProgPort, or MeterPort option on the Main Menu.
- In the CommsPort dialogue box, select the communications port that the RS485 is connected to. Set the baud rate to 9600 and click Set. Optional: If a re-flash is required, complete step 6. Certain circumstances require the module to be re-flashed to a later revision.
- Select the appropriate CommsPort the MSP-GANG programmer is connected to. Set the baud rate to 115200. To use the selected settings, click Set. To ignore use of this port, click Cancel.