When you order water valves, specify the following:
- The complete product number.
If you do not know the product number, determine the following list of information and see Selection charts to select a valve.
- To determine the valve size that you need, see Selecting the valve size.
- To determine the refrigerant to use in the system, see Table 4.Note: 3/8 in. to 1 1/2 in. valves are supplied with all-range construction. You can use a single valve for either low or high range refrigerants.
- To determine if you need a standard open high valve, see Table 1.
- If you need a valve with a bronze body and MONEL internal parts, you need a Navy or maritime service valve.
- To determine the companion flange kit by part number, see Companion flanges and gaskets.
- If you need a mounting bracket for 3/8 in. and 1/2 in. valve sizes only, to determine its position on the valve, see Options.