Observe the following guidelines when installing pressure controls:
- Do Not Overtighten Flare Nuts on Pressure Connection Fittings. Overtightening flare connections may damage the threads on the flare nuts or flare connectors and result in refrigerant leaks. Do not exceed 9 lb.ft (12 N.m) of torque when tightening brass flare connections.
- Avoid Severe Pressure Pulsation on High-Side Pressure Connections. Install P-Series controls on pressure tap points away from the compressor discharge to minimize the effects of pressure pulsation from reciprocating compressors.
- If these controls are installed on equipment containing hazardous or regulated materials, such as refrigerants or lubricants, the installer and user should observe all regulations governing the handling and contamination of those materials.
- Pressure tap points should be located on the top side of the refrigerant lines to reduce possibility of sediment accumulating in the control.
- Do not exceed the specified pressure ratings, as defined for each model in the P-Series Encapsulated Pressure Controls Product Bulletin, LIT-12013066, and for the controlled equipment or any of its components when operating the controlled equipment.