Observe the following wiring guidelines.
- Do not exceed the electrical ratings. Exceeding electrical ratings can result in permanent damage and void any warranty.
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) can damage control components. Use proper ESD precautions during installation, setup, and servicing to avoid damage.
- Do not connect supply power before finishing wiring and checking all wiring connections. Short circuits or improperly connected wires can result in damage and void any warranty.
- Run all low-voltage wiring and cables separate from all high-voltage wiring and route wires per national electrical code (NEC) or local electrical code requirements. Use shielded cable for low-voltage cables that are exposed to high electromagnetic or radio frequency noise.
- Use copper conductors only. Make all wiring in accordance with local, national, and regional regulations.