- Use only the wrench flats provided.
- To avoid damaging the switch, do not tighten the switch to the tee by grasping the switch enclosure.
To mount the F261 Series Flow Switches, observe the following guidelines:
- Install the switch so that the enclosure and interior are accessible.
- Mount the switch so that the flow of the fluid is in the direction of the arrow on the enclosure.
- Use a pipe union on each side of the flow switch to allow for easy removal or replacement.
- Do not allow the pipe to extend too far into the flow switch casing.
- Use pipe thread sealer or Teflon® tape on the male threads only.
- Do not remove the case-to-cover O-ring on Type 4/IP67 enclosures.
For standard 1 in. x 1 in. pipe installation, mount the F261 flow switch in a standard 1 in. x 1 in. x 1 in. tee. For larger sizes of pipe, use a reducing tee to keep the flow switch close to the pipe and provide adequate paddle length in the flow stream.
Example: Use a 2 in. x 2 in. x 1 in. tee for a 2 in. pipe. If you use a standard 2 in. x 2 in. x 2 in. tee, install a face or hex bushing in the top opening to reduce the top opening to 1 in.