You can restrict user adjustment of the A421 Control to the OFF value control band only and limit the range of this value (Figure 1).
To set the A421 Control the restricted adjustment mode, position the jumper located on the circuit board next to the TB3 terminal block. See Setting the control to Restricted Adjustment mode.
When the A421 Control is set up in the restricted adjustment mode, the controller enforces the following behavior:
- The selected HtS and LtS values define the restricted temperature adjustment range.
- The On and OFF values define the control band differential, and the control band between On and OFF remains fixed and not adjustable.
- Only the OFF value can be adjusted, the control band remains fixed, and the On value automatically shifts equal to the OFF value adjustment.
- The OFF value can only be adjusted to values that maintain the entire control band within the restricted temperature adjustment range defined by HtS and LtS. See Figure 1.
- The basic and advanced menus are not available. Only the Restricted Adjustment mode
menu is available and only the OFF value can be adjusted. See Figure 1. Figure 1. Adjustment behavior in Restricted Adjustment mode