Observe the following guidelines when you locate and mount an A421 Control:
- Make sure that the mounting surface can support the control, DIN rail, mounting hardware, and any user-supplied panel or enclosure.
- Mount the control in a vertical, upright orientation wherever possible. It is best practice to use DIN rail mounting for type 1 controls.
- In direct-mount applications, mount the control on a flat and even surface.
Mount the control in a location free of corrosive vapors and observe the ambient operating conditions listed in Technical specifications for the A421 Control and the A99 sensor.
- Allow sufficient space to connect and route wires, view the LCD, and use the touchpad.
- Do not mount the control on surfaces that are prone to vibration or in a location where high-voltage relays, motor starters, other sources of electromagnetic emissions, or strong radio frequency may cause interference.
- Do not install the control in an airtight enclosure.
- Do not install heat generating devices with the control in an enclosure that may cause the ambient temperature to exceed 150°F (66°C).