The WRG1830/ZFR183x Pro Series Wireless Field Bus System provides a wireless platform for all compatible Johnson Controls® MS/TP equipment controllers and TEC31xx Thermostat Controllers (TEC) using BACnet® protocol over the 2.4 GHz wireless ISM band.
A ZFR183x Pro Series system can consist of the following devices:
- Wireless Router Gateway (WRG1830) with a connected ZFR1831 Router acting as the wireless Personal Area Network (PAN) coordinator
- TEC31xx Wireless Thermostat Controllers
- ZFR1831 router connected to compatible equipment controllers
- ZFR1831 router stand-alone devices acting as a signal repeater
- WRZ Series Wireless Room Sensors
When you use these components together, they form a wireless mesh network. The following devices can exchange data through standard BACnet IP communication: WRG Gateways, compatible equipment controllers, TEC31xxs, and WRZs within the ZFR183x Pro Series system’s wireless network and a network engine using standard BACnet/IP communications.
To enhance reliability, the wireless mesh network provides redundant transmission paths for the data through other wireless routers in the mesh network. The result is a resilient, self-healing network.
Refer to the applicable WRG1830/ZFR183x Pro Series Wireless Field Bus System Technical Bulletins (LIT-12013553, LIT-12013554) for important product application information.