The wireless products within a BAS system are ideal for any location where it is cost-prohibitive, difficult, or aesthetically unappealing to use a hard wire between BAS products. Examples of these locations include the following:
- Office buildings, university campuses, educational facilities, correctional facilities, and other commercial structures with brick or solid concrete walls or ceilings, that impede hardwired applications.
- Office buildings, retail stores, and other commercial real estate where tenant turnover is frequent and temporary walls and ceilings are common.
- Museums, historical buildings, atriums, and other sites where building aesthetics and historical preservation are important.
- Stadiums, arenas, gymnasiums, convention centers, airports, zoos, and other locations with large, open spaces with wood veneer, or other decorative surfaces that present challenges to hardwiring.
- Buildings with asbestos or other hazardous materials that must not be disturbed.
- Buildings with occupants sensitive to business disruptions.
- Regions with high labor costs.
The WRG1830/ZFR183x Pro Series Wireless Field Bus System is approved by national compliance agencies for use in the United States and Canada. See the Technical specifications section for more information.
Do not use the wireless BAS products in applications that cannot tolerate intermittent interference or where the following conditions apply:
- Locations or applications that prohibit cellular telephones or Wi-Fi systems.
- Critical control features would affect life safety or result in large monetary loss, including secondary (backup) life-safety applications.
- Data centers, production lines, or critical areas would be shut down.
- Loss of critical control would result from loss of data from humidity or temperature sensor communications.
- Operation of exhaust fans or Air Handling Units (AHUs) would impair a purge or pressurization mode.
- Missing data would invalidate reporting required by the customer.
- Security points are monitored.