- Use a computer or mobile device to search for the gateway's Wi-Fi SSID. The SSID is VRFSG- followed by the last 6 characters of the Wireless MAC address of the gateway (see note above).
- Connect to the VRF Smart Gateway Wi-Fi network using the default passphrase. The default passphrase is VRFSG- followed by the last 6 characters of the Ethernet MAC address of the gateway (see note above).
- Open a web browser, and
navigate to www.myvrfsg.com, or alternatively, you can use
192.168.142.1. Note: VRF Smart Gateway ships with a private myvrfsg.com SSL certificate installed for secure communication with the VRF Smart Gateway. However, web browsers indicate that the certificate is not trusted. If you wish to install your own certificate, refer to Adding a Private Key and Certificate to VRF Smart Gateway in the VRF Smart Gateway Network and IT Guidance Technical Bulletin (LIT-12012341).
If a security certificate warning appears, complete the following steps to browse to the VRF Smart Gateway:
- In a Google® Chrome™ browser, click Advanced, then click Proceed to www.myvrfsg.com, or alternatively, you can use 192.168.142.1.
- In a Windows Internet Explorer® browser, click Continue to this website (not recommended).
- In an Apple® Safari® browser, in the Cannot Verify Server Identity window, click Continue.
- Use the default username and password to log in. The username is Admin, and the default password is VRFSG- followed by the last 6 characters of the Ethernet MAC address of the gateway (see note above).
- Read and accept the VRF Smart Gateway license agreement.
- The first time you log in to the VRF Smart
Gateway, the Change Password and Passphrase page appears. You
must change the admin password and Wi-Fi passphrase.
Important: After you change the Wi-Fi passphrase or SSID, the web server restarts and you must rejoin the VRF Smart Gateway Wi-Fi network using the new passphrase. On some mobile devices, you must select and forget the original VRF Smart Gateway Wi-Fi network before rejoining the network with the new passphrase.
- In the New Admin Password field, enter a new password.
- In the Verify New Admin Password field, reenter the password.
- In the New Wi-Fi Passphrase field, enter a new passphrase.
- Click Save.
After you install a VRF Smart Gateway, verify that the latest software version is installed. If not you may need to apply an update. See Updating the Software.