You must set the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway for the VRF Smart Gateway to communicate with the BAS's integration device, such as the Metasys Network Engine or the FX80.
About this task
- In the gateway UI, navigate to .
Choose one of the following options for IP settings, depending on customer preferences, and whether or not the building network supports DHCP :
- To use DHCP, in the Auto DHCP Configure list, select On.
- To use a fixed IP address, in the Auto DHCP Configure list, select Off. A Static IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway must be decided on and entered into the appropriate fields.
- Optional: For best results, add the gateway and the NAE on the same IP subnet. If the gateway and NAE are not on the same IP subnet, you may need to use a feature called BBMD which is supported from release 1.1 onwards.
- If a DNS address was provided, enter the details, otherwise the field can be left at default.
- Click Save. You are prompted to restart the gateway now or postpone. If you are configuring the BACnet settings, you can postpone the restart until after they are configured. If you have configured both the IP settings and the BACnet settings, restart now.