Observe the following guidelines when mounting a VRF Smart Gateway:
- Mount the VRF Smart Gateway in areas free of corrosive vapors and observe the environmental limitations listed in the Technical Specifications section of this document.
- Mount the VRF Smart Gateway in a location where you can connect it to the H-LINK wire that runs between the Indoor Units (IDUs) or between the Outdoor Units (ODUs). See Wiring the H-Link Network.
- Objects such as ductwork, cabinets, doors, and glass can impede the wireless signal. Minimize the number of objects between the connected computer or mobile device and the VRF Smart Gateway. Use line of sight, if possible.
- Metal objects (such as cabinet doors, enclosures, and pipes) and concrete objects (such as pillars, walls, and ceilings) may limit Wi-Fi service. To accommodate potential structural obstacles on site, you can mount the VRF Smart Gateway flush against the wall or perpendicular to it.
- The VRF Smart Gateway is not rated for outdoor mounting.