You can use the Johnson Controls® Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Smart Gateway to integrate the York or Hitachi branded VRF system with a Building Automation System (BAS), such as the Metasys® system. The VRF Smart Gateway bridges communication between the native H-Link communications network of the Hitachi VRF system and the open building standard BACnet®/IP network. The VRF Smart Gateway transmits the VRF device and point data over the BACnet/IP network in a way that the BAS can easily discover and process. The VRF Smart Gateway therefore requires little or no post-integration configuration within the BAS. The VRF Smart Gateway includes a simple web server that provides a wireless mobile user interface for configuring communication parameters and performing VRF system discovery and device naming. The wireless connection on the VRF Smart Gateway allows users of a supported mobile device to be up to 30 m (100 ft, line of sight) away.
The VRF Smart Gateway also includes the following features and benefits:
- Supports up to 64 VRF systems.
- Supports up to 160 Indoor Units, and up
to a combined total of 200 Indoor and Outdoor Units. However, the stability and
reliability of communications across the H-LINK network is increased for each
VRF Smart Gateway network if you limit each H-LINK segment to under 100 units.Note: Mutli-module outdoor units in a system count as one single outdoor unit.
- Integrates with both Metasys and Facility Explorer® (FX) building automation systems.
- Integrates with third party building automation systems that support the BACnet IP protocol.
- Supports BACnet Gateway (B-GW) and BACnet Application Specific Controller (B-ASC) device profiles.
- Supports BACnet IP (Annex J) and BACnet Broadcast Management Device (BBMD).
- Provides BACnet Command Priority enforcement.