- Open the User menu.
- Tap or click Administrative Tasks > User Management.
- In the Roles tab, tap or click the Edit Role icon in the Actions column or double click the number in the Users column. The edit role window opens.
You can edit the role details in the Role Details tab.
- Edit the role name in the Role Name
field. Note: You cannot change the role name of certain roles, including ADMINISTRATOR and USER. The following two special characters are not supported in a role name: at sign (@) and backslash (\).
- To add a user to the Assigned
Users section, search and select a user in the Available section and then tap or click the
right arrow to add the user. To remove a user from the Assigned Users section, tap or click the left
arrow. Note: You can select multiple users at once by using the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl or Shift. You can also click and drag the mouse over the users to select multiple users.
- Edit the description in the Description field.
- Edit the system privileges in the System
Privileges section. The level of system access privilege applies
to everyone assigned to the role. You can select from the following system
Note: You cannot change the system privileges for the ADMINISTRATOR role.
- Manage Devices & Sites
- View Metasys Status
- Discard Acknowledged Events
- Discard All Events
- Snooze All Events
- Manage Audit History
- Clear Audit History
- System Configuration Tool
- Schedule Reports
- Advanced Reporting
For more information on system access privileges, see System Access Privileges.
- Tap or click SAVE to save your settings and exit the Role Details tab, or tap or click CANCEL to exit the tab without saving your changes.
You can edit the category access details in the Category Access tab.
The categories are listed vertically on the left. The permissions are listed horizontally at the top of the table. Tap or click the information icon to learn more about the permissions. The following table describes the Category Access icons in more detail:
|Access from Roles & User
|Appears only in the No Access column. This means that this role has one or more permissions assigned for this category, so that the No Access setting does not apply.
|Permission from a Role
|Denotes that the permission is assigned to this role for this category.
|No access to category
Appears only in the No Access column. Denotes that this role has no permissions assigned for this category.
|Will not appear for a role (does not apply).
- To edit an active permission for the role, tap or click on the role icon. The role icon disappears.
- To add a new permission for the role, tap or click on an empty cell. The role icon appears.
- To deny access to a category, tap or click on the desired category within the No Access column. This removes all other permissions assigned to this role (clears the other cells) for the currently logged-in user.
- Tap or click SAVE to save your settings and exit the Category Access tab, or tap or click CANCEL to exit the tab without saving your changes.