This document describes how to:
- commission the SNE Series of network engines for network connectivity in several network scenarios
- access the Metasys system Site Management Portal UI on an SNE
- configure the basic SNE parameters for initial operation on the network
- enable or disable Advanced Security and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (https)
- migrate an NAE to an SNE
- troubleshoot an SNE
- configure the SNE DDAs for sending alarm and event messages through email and SNMP
- configure a Syslog DDA for sending events and audits to an external Syslog server
This document does not describe how to mount, wire, or power on an SNE. For more information, refer to SNE Installation Guide (Part No. 24-10143-01647) . Also, this document does not describe how to build or download an archive database for a Metasys system site or how to configure an SNE to monitor and control a building automation system (BAS). For those procedures, refer to SCT: System Configuration Tool Help (LIT-12011964) .
For information about commissioning an SNE to use the built-in third-party integrations, refer to the specific network engine document that covers the integration that you want to add, listed in Table 1.