About this task
SNEs have finite field device limitations that are enforced at the supervisory device level. Keep this factor in mind when you plan the device migration. However, the SCT download process does not enforce the device limitations of each SNE. For example, if you migrate an NAE45 that has 115 field devices to an SNE1100x that supports 100 devices, then use SCT to download the archive to the SNE1100x, 15 devices are pruned from the database during the transfer. Also, after the download completes successfully, SCT does not indicate which 15 devices were eliminated.
To migrate an NAE to an SNE, complete the following steps.
- Log on to SCT 15.0 and open the current archive database that contains the NAE that you want to migrate.
- Upload and backup the archive database for the NAE.
- After the backup is complete, select .
- In the Manage Archive Wizard, select Upgrade/Migrate Device, and then click Next.
- On the Select Devices page, under the Upgrade Selected Devices to Release list, depending on the site, select 11.0 or 12.0.
From the list in the New Model column,
select the SNE model. Based on the device you are migrating, SCT pre-populates
the New Model field with the valid
models. Click Next.
Note: If the Next button is disabled, the combination of upgrade and migration options that you have selected is not valid. Adjust any selections highlighted in red before you continue. You can only select the SNE if your Site Director is at 11.0 or later.
- Select the upgrade schedule and click Next.
- To log on to the archive, enter the Password and click Authenticate For Upgrade.
To upgrade a device with an unknown MetasysSysAgent password, set the selected
action to Clear Security Database. If a
security database exists in the archive, complete the following steps:
- Enter the MetasysSysAgent password for each archive device and click Authenticate For Upgrade. If the log on for the device fails, the device remains in the Devices Requiring Action table.
- Repeat the above step until you move all devices to the Selected Action table.
- Click Next.
- Review the migration Summary and click Finish to perform the migration.
- Perform a Refresh All Tabs in SCT to view the migrated NAE.
Depending on the type of SNE device you want to migrate to, complete one of the
following set of steps:
Note: For more information about the CPU Temperature alarm extension and its High Alarm Limit value when migrating, refer to the Flash Sheet 2021F56.
- If you are migrating an SNE2200x engine, complete the following steps to
edit the High Alarm Limit:
- In SCT or Site Management Portal (SMP), perform a Global Search for the SNE2200x engine.
- From the Object Type list, select Alarm Extension, and click Search.
- From the results, click Select All, and click View > Tailored Summary Viewer.
- On the Select Summary Definition dialog, select Extension – Analog Alarm, and click Open.
- Sort the Analog Alarm Extension column alphabetically and locate the CPU Temperature rows.
- Select all CPU Temperature extensions for the SNx series engines, right-click then click Modify.
- Set the High Alarm Limit to 88°C (190°F), select the High Alarm Limit checkbox, and click Send.
- If you are migrating an SNE1050x or SNE1100x engine, complete the
following steps to add the alarm extension for the High Alarm Limit:
- In SCT or SMP, navigate to the Alarm tab, and click New.
- From the Attribute list, click Other.
- Select CPU Temperature, then click Next.
- Set the following attributes:
- Reference Name: CPU Temperature
- High Alarm Limit: 88°C
- Differential: 5°C
- Alarm Message Text: CPU Temperature
- Click Finish. Note: To apply this change to multiple engines in SCT, use the Copy Checked Extensions option for the CPU Temperature extension on one engine, then paste that extension to multiple engines of the same model.
- If you are migrating an SNE2200x engine, complete the following steps to edit the High Alarm Limit:
- Disconnect the NAE from the building network.
- Log on the Metasys Site Director and remove the NAE from the site by clicking Action > Remove form Site. You must remove the engine from the site or the new SNE may fail to pair to the Site Director.
- Connect the SNE to the building network and power up the device. If you are setting up the new SNE on a workbench, power up the SNE device and connect your laptop to the SNE with a network switch.
- In SCT Pro, from the Dashboard, in the Utilities pane, click Discover and click Discover to locate the SNE device.
- Select the SNE device in the table of discovered devices and then use the Connect UI option to start up the SMP interface for the SNE.
- From within the SMP interface, use the Network tab for the SNE and update the JCI IP Address field to the new IP Address and the Computer Name, then click Save.
- Log on to the Metasys Site Director. After a few moments, the SNE should show up in the All Items Tree.
- With SCT, download the archive to the SNE.