About this task
This scenario is typical for a single SNE that is not attached to a building network and can be used to set up an SNE before it is installed and connected to a site network. The following procedure requires two Ethernet cables.
- Make sure that the SNE is receiving power and running. The RUN LED should flash blue and purple at a rate of one blink per second.
- Connect the SNE to an Ethernet switch port with one of the cables. Connect your computer to an Ethernet switch port with the second cable. Make sure that the LAN is not connected to the Ethernet switch.
- Verify that the ETH ACTIVITY LED on the SNE and Ethernet switch are lit to confirm connectivity between the computer and the SNE through the Ethernet switch.
Verify that the Local Area Connection for the Ethernet connection to the
SNE is enabled and that all other network connections (including
wireless connections) are disabled on the laptop, as follows:
- In Control Panel, select Network Connections or Network and Dialup Connections.
- Verify that the Local Area Connection for the Ethernet connection to the SNE is enabled. All other connections should be disabled or disconnected. To disable or enable a connection, right-click the connection and choose from the menu.
Verify that the computer has a valid IP address, as follows:
- On the Start menu, select Run.
- Type cmd, and click OK.
- At the command prompt, type ipconfig and press Enter. If the computer IP address is all 0s, wait several minutes. Enter the ipconfig repeatedly until the address is established.
- Access the Metasys system login screen for the network engine using the Launcher. See Accessing Site Management Portal UI on an SNE for information on accessing the SNE UI.