About this task
To select a time server for a Metasys Server Site Director when the time synchronization method is Windows, complete the following steps:
- Log on the Metasys Server Site Director.
- Drag the Site object to the display frame.
- Select Advanced.
- Click Edit.
In the Time section under the Time Sync Method drop-down box,
verify the selection is set to Windows.
Figure 1. Time Sync Method field set to Windows
- Leave the Site Time Servers list blank.
In the Device Time Servers list, click the
browse button and add the IP address, host name, or website of the SNTP Time
Server that furnishes the time to the Metasys Server Site Director.
Note: Specify a host name only if a DNS server is available to the Site Director.Note: You may need to increase the TTL setting in a heavily subnetted network.
- Click Save.
Set the Internet Time Server in the Windows
operating system of the Site Director to match the IP Address, host name, or
time server specified for the Site Time Server as follows:
- In Control Panel of the Site Director, search for Date and Time.
- Open the Date and Time dialog box, and click the Internet Time tab. If the Internet Time tab is missing, the server is part of a domain and the domain server controls its time. Skip these steps.
- Click Change Settings and enter in the Server field the same IP address, host name, or time server that you defined in the Site Time Server field in Step 6. Click OK to apply the change.