- On the Tools menu, select Trunk Utilities. The Trunk Utilities wizard appears.
- Select Upload Applications.
- In the Connection Type section, select the connection type: Supervisor Passthru,
Direct Ethernet, or MAP 4.2+/BACnet Router. Click Next. The Trunk Utilities Select Devices window appears. Note: Direct Ethernet connections are only compatible with IP devices. If you have multiple Ethernet adapters, you may experience connection issues. Go to and verify that the correct adapter is selected. See Select Ethernet Adapter for more information.Note: If you apply power to a MAP Gateway before you connect it to the SA Bus of a device, devices on the trunk are not discovered. To initiate an automatic discovery of devices, log in to the MAP Gateway UI. If you are already connected to the MAP Gateway UI, on the Device List page, click Rediscover Devices.
- Select the Integrations for the field device(s) and click Next.
- Enter the connection parameters specific to your connection type and click Next.
For Supervisor Passthru connections, to connect directly to a device, clear the Communicate via Site Director check box, select the device from the list, enter your user credentials, then click Test Login. To connect through the Site Director, select the Communicate via Site Director check box, enter you user credentials, then click Test Login.
- For Direct Ethernet connections, enter the UDP port of the device and an available Ethernet network interface adapter (if selected, verify you are on the same subnet as your IP controllers) to use.
- For MAP 4.2+ / BACnet Router connections, enter
the IP address and UDP port of the router (47808), the network number (BACnet
Instance) of the MS/TP trunk (1-65,534), and an available Ethernet network interface
adapter to use (if selected, all IP traffic intended for the router travels through
this interface). Note: Do not use 1001 for the MS/TP Network Number. The number 1001 is reserved for Johnson Controls BACnet/IP network connections.
- Validate information in the Trunk Utilities Summary window and click Finish. The progress of the transfer can be monitored using the Actions in Progress tab of the ActionQ.