The Upgrade/Migrate Device option provides the opportunity to patch supervisory devices. You can only patch NxE55-2, NxE55-3, NIE59-2, and NIE59-3 supervisory engines that are currently at Release 6.5 (6.5.25 for NIE59-2) or later. Upgrading an engine with SCT only updates information in the archive. Patching an engine affects the files inside of the engine. When you select the Patch Supervisory Devices option, the Select Devices screen lists the release level and available software patches for NxE55 supervisory devices. Only NxE55 supervisory devices are selectable on the All Items tree. To patch supervisory devices of different models and of earlier release levels, use the traditional patch method. Refer to the Metasys System NCE25/NAE35/NAE45 Quick Patch Installation Instructions (LIT-12011313) and Metasys System Quick Patch Installation Instructions (LIT-12011188).
- The NxE55-1, NxE3x, NxE4x, and NxE2x engines require the full image download using a Download Code option.
- You must make sure the patch file on the SCT computer is located in this folder: C:\ProgramData\Johnson Controls\MetasysIII\PatchData\<release>\N50. This folder must contain only one patch file. If more than one patch file exists in this folder, SCT cannot differentiate the multiple files and No Patches appear in the Select Devices window.
- Upload the supervisory device before you apply a patch to preserve objects and the security database with SCT. You may schedule a delayed load and patch installation by selecting the Schedule upgrade button and entering a date and time.
- In the Tools menu, select Manage Archive. The Manage Archive wizard appears.
- Select Upload From Device, then click Next. Select the device you want to patch. Click Next.
- Complete the Manage Archive wizard steps to upload the supervisory device to the archive database. This action preserves any recent object and security database changes with SCT.
- In the Tools menu,
select Manage Archive again. Select Upgrade/Migrate
Device and click the Patch Supervisory Devices option. Click
Next. Figure 2. Patching Supervisory Devices
- Select the NxE55 or NIE59 devices listed in the
Select Devices table that you want to patch. Use the + and – buttons to add
and remove devices from the table. Note: If the message Download Required appears in the Patch Version column, the device you selected cannot be patched; you must update the device with the full image. If the message Upload Required appears in the Patch Version column, click Cancel, upload the device first, then apply the patch. If the message No Patches appears in the Patch Version column, either no patch files or multiple patch files exist under the PatchData directory. The PatchData directory must contain only one patch file, the one that you want to apply to the NxE.Figure 3. Select Devices to Patch
- Click Next.
- On the Schedule screen, click Upgrade Now to patch the device now. To patch a device at a later date, click Schedule Upgrade and select the date and time that you want to patch the device.
- Click Next.
- Select the Site Login method.
Figure 4. Site Login Screen
To communicate through the Site Director:
To communicate through individual devices:
- Select the Communicate via Site Director check box.
- Enter the username and password for an administrator account for the Site Director.
- Click Test Login. When login has passed, click Next.
- Enter the username and password for an administrator account on each physical device.
- Select the check box for the devices you want to communicate with.
- Click Test Login. If the
Status column has a Login ID is not OK for
any devices, repeat steps 9a through 9c until all devices have a Login ID is
OK status. Devices with a blank status indicate you have not attempted
Site Login through the Manage Archive wizard. Note: Successful logins are no longer able to be re-checked after they have reached a Login ID is OK status.
- Review the patch Summary and click Finish to perform the patch.
- Click Finish.
- After the patch process is complete, verify the Completion Status column in the Completed Actions window reports OK. Now the device is also updated in the SCT archive.
- Log in to the NAE that you just patched and open its Focus window. Switch to the Advanced view and verify the Firmware Version indicates the new patched version.
After configuring a device to patch in the Manage Archive wizard, the Manage Archive wizard sends the patch command to the ActionQ feature in the SCT.
The ActionQ locks the engine or server in the archive database.
The ActionQ displays the final status of the patched device.