About this task
You must have at least one archive database defined. See Creating a New Archive Database for details.
To add sites to an archive database:
If the Insert Site wizard is visible, proceed to Step 2. Otherwise, with the Archive
Database open, from the Insert menu, click
Site. The Insert Site wizard’s
Destination page opens.
Note: Do not create multiple sites in an archive. The SCT does not allow multiple devices to have the same name under different sites in an archive.Figure 1. Insert Site Wizard - Destination Screen
- Select the root archive database and click Next.
Follow the prompts on the screen to configure the site in the archive. See the following table for details.
Table 1. Insert Site Wizard Screens
Type or select the archive database to which you are adding the site.
Type a unique name for the site.
Set the editable attributes of the Site object you are configuring, including Connection type and Site Time Servers. To access the BACnet system features of the Site object, click Advanced.
View the basic parameters of the site just added.
- Click Finish. A site is created with the parameters you have selected.
In the Create Device window, select the type of device to
- Site Discovery. Use this feature to retrieve site information from a Site Director. For more information, see Site Discovery.
- Supervisory Device. For more information, see Adding Supervisory Devices (Engines) to an Archive Database.
- Metasys Server. For more information, see Adding a Metasys Server (ADS/ADX/OAS) to an Archive Database.
If you choose to create a device, a new wizard window appears.