- Create a Trend Extension.
- Configuring the Metasys Server / ODS as the Destination for Trend Data or Configure an ODS as the destination for trend data.
- Configure the trend extension to pass trends to the ADS/ADX or pass trends to the ODS .
- Configure the ADS/ADX to forward trends to another ADS/ADX or ODS to forward trends to another ODS trend repository (if desired).
- Create a Trend Study.
- If you have a site with a Metasys server and engines, and you create a Trend Study on an engine (rather than on the Metasys server ), any trend items added to the trend study from the Metasys server ’s Historical DB folder is listed with the current site name in their references instead of their actual site names.
- When referencing trend items that were forwarded from an off-site device, create the trend study object on the Metasys server , rather than on the engine.