About this task
You can break up a large user view into several smaller views.
To break user views:
- Create a new user view, or edit an existing user view.
- Click Add Tree. The Add Tree(s) dialog box appears.
- In the Add Tree(s) dialog box, select the tab for the user view you would like to break into several smaller views.
- Select the items from the large user view you would like to add to the new smaller view.
Note: You also can press the Ctrl key and drag and drop a tree (only from the navigation frame) to a User View in Edit mode to add an entire tree to the User View.
The items you selected and their children appear in the new user view. If you would like to rename the folder or move the children to another location within the user view, see Table 2.
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 7 if you want to move more content from the large user view to the new smaller user view.
- When you are finished with this new smaller user view, click Save.
- Repeat Step 1 through Step 7 to create additional smaller user views with content from the large user view.
Refresh the tabs in the navigation frame and review the user views to make sure they contain the correct items.
Edit the new smaller user views as necessary.
Edit the large user view and remove the items that are now located in the new smaller views, if desired.
- Refresh the tabs in the navigation frame.
- Have a Metasys Administrator adjust the navigation permissions for the consolidated user view (if necessary).