Before you begin configuring spaces and equipment for your site, we recommend that you follow these steps to plan your configuration:
Take inventory of your Metasys site, your physical site, and the items within your All Items tree in SMP. Consider how you would like your site to be configured as spaces.
- Determine what physical spaces should be configured into spaces. Examples of physical spaces include campuses, complexes, buildings, floors within buildings, and rooms within floors, and even spaces within rooms. Depending on the physical site, you may not want to configure the whole site into spaces.
- Work with your site's operations staff to ensure that the equipment is configured to the relevant space or spaces and that the setup of the Spaces Tree is logical and easy to use and manage for the users.
- Consider how you want schedules, graphics, and equipment associated to your spaces.
- Examine the access permissions given to users in the security database in SMP or your archive on the ADS/ADX in SCT. Note the permissions given to site users. In the Metasys UI, users are only allowed to see or command objects for the equipment that serves a space or another piece of equipment when they have access permissions to a given object's Authorization Category (for example, HVAC).
- Display SMP on one monitor and SCT on a separate monitor to expedite and verify your site configuration.
Note: From Metasys UI Release 2.1 and later, you can associate all graphic types in the Graphics Manager of JCT and Metasys UI. Refer to the Johnson Controls System Configuration Tool (JCT) Help (LIT-12012116) for more information.