About this task
Controller templates are used by the Rapid Archive Creation Field Controller wizard to generate points on a controller. You can create points within controller templates by importing points from a .caf file, importing from existing controllers, or manually adding points.
- On the Insert Menu, click Object. The Select Object Type dialog appears.
- Select Controller Template and click Next.
- Set the Destination of the Controller Template as and click Next.
- Enter a unique identifier for the Controller Template and click Next.
- To create a Definition Link with an Equipment Definition for your site, click the Browse icon, then navigate to a definition in the All Items tree.
Configure the Point Name Display settings for point name
clarification in the SMP and SCT UI's All items tree. For more information on Point Name
Display, see the Rapid Archive Tips and Rapid Archive Troubleshooting sections.
- The Point Name Display attribute naming structure does not appear in the Metasys UI. Metasys UI names are based on Equipment Definitions.
- The Point Name Display attribute includes up to 10 levels of space information and the parent Controller Name. For more information, see Rapid Archive Tips.
Click Next and then Finish. The Extension wizard window appears. To skip adding a .caf Resource file to your Controller Template,
click Done. Otherwise, follow these steps to add a .caf Resource
file to your Controller Template.
Note: BACnet Alarms and BACnet Trends in a .caf file are not generated when populating the points list with a .caf file.
- Click New. The Select File window appears.
- Click Browse to navigate to the location and open the Resource file from your workstation.
- Click Next. Configure your Resource file by adding descriptions or status information, or changing the file name.
- Click Next and then click Finish. The Insert Resource File wizard closes.
- Click Done in the Extension wizard window.