About this task
A third method of creating a Spaces Tree is to drag folders in a User View from the All Items tree into the Spaces tree within the Space Tree Editor.
- Click to edit the existing Spaces tree.
- The Spaces Tree Editor opens in the right pane. Click Edit.
- Click Edit. and select the two panel option. In one of the panels, open the user view. Select
Select the folders in the User View that you would like in the Spaces Tree.
Note: When you select a folder that has nested folders, only the root folder is selected (nested folders are not selected). We recommend that you expand folders with nested folders before you select the folders to drag to the Spaces Tree Editor. Folders dragged into the Spaces Tree are placed in a flat hierarchy. See Figure 1 for an example.
Drag the folders to the space object in the Spaces Tree. The folders from the User View become child objects of the space object you dropped the folder into.
Figure 1. Dragging User View Folders into the Spaces Tree
- Repeat Step 3 through Step 5 as necessary.
- Click Save.
- Go to Using Equipment Definitions.