About this task
You are unable to remove and sort Display Points in equipment definitions because equipment objects are discovered and linked to the equipment definition during creation. The following procedure explains how to remove and sort Display Points from equipment definitions by first removing the equipment objects.
- Upload the ADS/ADX server with SCT.
- Create a backup of the Archive database.
- Right-click the equipment definition in the All Items tree and select Open in Discovery.
- Take screen captures of the Equipment Name, Equipment Description, and Serving relationships in the Equipment Discovery window.
Open each equipment object that you want to delete by double-clicking the equipment object in the Equipment tree and take screen captures of the Served By relationships.
Figure 2. Screen Captured Served By Relationship for Reference
- In the Equipment tree, select the equipment objects that you want to remove. Click Continue. , then click
- Right-click the equipment definition in All Items tree and select Open in Discovery. Verify the equipment objects have been removed.
Double-click the equipment definition in the All Items tree to show the
Display Data points. Click Edit.
Figure 3. Display Data Points
- The Remove and Sort icons are now available.
- Sort and remove points in the Display Data list. Click Save.
- Right-click the equipment definition and select Open in Discovery.
- Discover the equipment objects that were deleted.
Create the Serving relationships that were deleted. Click Save.
Figure 4. Creating Serving Relationships
Refresh All Tabs, then open the Equipment tree.
Figure 5. Refresh All Tabs
Double-click the new equipment object and create the Served By
relationships that were deleted.
Figure 6. Creating Served By Relationships
- Download the ADS/ADX server with SCT.
- Log in to the Metasys UI and verify your points have been removed or resorted.
- Create a new backup of Archive database.