- Spaces must be created for auto-discovery to properly function; however, Served By relationships do not need to be pre-defined.
- Field Controllers' name or description fields must contain the name of their associated Space name.
- NAE description fields must contain the parent-space name. For example, the name must include the building name or room names.
- Equipment Definition objects must have display points set up and checked out.
Follow these steps to use the NAE Drag and Drop feature of the Auto-Discovery Serving Relationship.
- On the Facility Menu, select Discover Equipment to complete the auto-discovery of equipment and serving relationships.
- Drag the NAEs into the Equipment Discovery window. Controllers with mapped points appear in the table.
- Check the list of controllers and remove any additional selections.
- Right-click the Serving column heading and select Rediscover Spaces. Spaces that match the NAE and controller description fields are auto-discovered and populated in the table.
- Verify the Serving relationships, and if needed, add any additional space association manually.
- Save the Equipment Discovery window.