Copies an item from the navigation tree such as an AV object, field device, or supervisory device, and pastes it into another location in the navigation tree in the SCT.
- Select the item you want to copy in the All Items tree.
- From the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Select the item under which you want to paste the copied item.
- From the Edit menu, click Paste. The Paste Item Wizard appears.
- Rename the object in the Paste as text box or leave the name as it appears.
- Click Paste.
- You can copy and paste a device without creating duplicate values. When copied, devices are assigned a new instance number, and the host name and IP address remain blank.
- When you copy and paste a field point, the new point automatically receives a unique hardware address.
- You can copy an item and paste it into the same node or another equivalent node in the navigation tree, but you must select a new name for the item. For example, if you have an NAE called NAE1 and two sites called Site1 and Site 2 you can copy NAE1 into Site1 or Site2, as long as you rename the coped NAE. Also you cannot paste an NAE under an NAE, field device, or object. You must paste an NAE under a Site.
- You can copy a user view and paste it into another site. For example, use this option to add an ADS /ADX/OAS to a site that previously had an engine defined as a Site Director.