About this task
In SCT Pro, you can use the same workflow to manage Database backups and Export Files. You can store both types of backup on the SCT computer, and keep a record of the backups' details in the SCT Pro Database.
To watch a video that demonstrates this feature, refer to uLearn: Upload and Backup a Site using SCT Pro.
- Open an archive.
- In the Backups pane, click New.
- Choose to create now, or schedule the backup for a time and date.
In the backup format section, select one of the following options:
- Select Database to create an SQL dependent backup file (.backup). This file is faster for SCT Pro to generate, but you can only restore the archive in an installation that uses the same instance of SQL.
- Select Export File to create an SQL independent XML file (.DbExport). You can use this file to restore the archive in any installation of the SCT, but it is slower for SCT Pro to generate.
- Optional: In the Note field, enter a description for future reference.
- If you have chosen to create an Export file, optionally enter a password to protect any security certificates.
- Click Create Backup. To confirm that the backup completes successfully, view the corresponding entry in the Action Queue.