About this task
Note: If you have SCT Release 13.0 or earlier installed on your computer, uninstall the software before you can upgrade to the latest release. See Uninstalling existing SCT release 13.0 or earlier software.
Note: When you install or upgrade SCT on a unified ADS or ADX, the process stops the Metasys Server. Ensure you upgrade the Metasys Server to Release 12.0 or later immediately after you install or upgrade SCT to Release 15.0 or later.
- Obtain the SCT installation file from the License Portal.
- Right click SystemConfigurationTool_16.0.exe and select Run as administrator.
- On the System Configuration Tool (SCT) 16.0 Setup window, click Upgrade.
On the SQL Server Credential window, log on to SQL Server in
one of two ways:
- To log on with Windows Credentials, keep the Use Windows Credentials check box selected.
- To log on using SQL Server authentication, deselect the Use Windows Credentials check box and enter the SA user name and password.
- Click Upgrade. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart Now.
- Before you use SCT, you must license SCT, as well as install and license packages. See Licensing SCT and importing and licensing packages for SCT for these steps.