Follow these steps to uninstall existing SCT 13.0 or earlier software.
- Optional: Use the Metasys Database Manager to purge any unwanted data from your databases and create backups. Refer to the Metasys Database Manager Help (LIT-12011202) for details.
- Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features.
- Right-click System Configuration Tool <version>.. Click Uninstall or Change/Remove. Click Allow or Yes if prompted for consent.
- On the Wizard Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the database server screen, complete the following steps:
- Select or clear the Remove databases option.
- Select one of the following authentication methods:
- Windows authentication credentials of current user: Click this button to log in to the SCT SQL Server software using the Windows operating system credentials of the user logged in to the computer on which you are removing the SCT software.
- Server authentication using the Login ID and password below: Click this button and fill in the Login ID and Password fields to use SQL Server authentication to access SQL Server software during SCT removal. For Login ID, enter a valid sa login for the SQL Server software on the SCT computer. For Password, enter the matching administrator password for the SQL Server software on the SCT computer.
- Click Next. A user message appears if the connection to the database fails.
- The next dialog box asks if you want to remove currently scheduled actions. Click No in preparation for the SCT upgrade, then click Next.
- On the Remove the Program screen, click Remove to start the SCT uninstallation process. If you are uninstalling an SCT with the Advanced Reporting System, a message about removing the Metasys Reports folder may appear. Click OK to continue.
- If you see a message about updating files or services, click OK to continue.
- On the Setup Wizard Complete window appears when the SCT uninstallation is complete, click Finish.
- If a computer restart message appears, click Yes to restart the computer.
If the computer has an earlier version of the NAE/NIE Update Tool installed, go to Uninstalling existing NAE/NIE Update Tool software. Otherwise, go to Installing the SCT software