- In the Control Panel, select Hardware or Hardware and Sound, then Power Options. The Power Options dialog box appears.
- In the left pane, select the Create a power plan option. If the User Account Control window appears, click Allow.
- Select the High Performance plan. Click Next.
- To turn off the display, select a number of minutes, or leave the default of 15 minutes. If you have the Put the Computer to Sleep option, select Never. Click Create.
- Click the Change plan settings option for the custom plan you just created, and select the Change advanced power settings option. The Power Options dialog box appears.
- Expand the Hard disk option and under the Turn off hard disk after setting, either enter 0 in the dialog box, or click the down arrow until Never is displayed.
Expand the Sleep option and under the
Hibernate after setting, select
Never. Some computers may not provide this setting.
Note: If you install the OAS on a laptop computer, you may see more than one drop-down selection box for the computer when receiving power and when on battery power. Select Never in both boxes.
- Click OK to close the Power Options dialog box. Close all windows.
- In the Control Panel, go to , and then select Advanced system settings. Click Continue or Yes if prompted for consent. The System Properties window appears.
On the Advanced tab, in the
Startup and Recovery area, click Settings. The Startup and
Recovery window appears.
Note: If you do not see Startup and Recovery, go to Step 12.
- In the System failure section, select the Automatically restart option.
- Click OK.
- Close the System Properties window.