Use the custom method for any of the following reasons:
- You want to select a specific SQL Server instance other than MSSQLSERVER.
- You want to install the OAS software in a location other than the default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Johnson Controls.
- You want to install the OAS software on a Windows Server operating system.
- Obtain the OAS installation file. When you download the OAS folder from the
License Portal, the folder contains two files: an executable
file and a data file. You must keep the data file with the
executable file in the same product
folder.Important: If you separate the files within the product folder, the installation fails.
- Double-click the installation executable file.
- A User Account Control dialog box appears. Click Yes. The Metasys Open Application Server Setup window appears.
- To open the custom window, click Custom.
- In the Database tab, complete the following:
- In the SQL Instance field, select localhost from the list. This uses the local SQL Server instance on the current machine as OAS does not support a split configuration.
- If you want to use Windows® authentication instead of SQL authentication, select the Use Windows Authentication check box. This disables the Username and Password fields required for SQL authentication.
- In the General tab, complete the
- In the Install Path field, accept the default installation path, or click Browse to select a custom installation location for the OAS application.
- In the Third Party Install Path, click Browse for the location of the component. Third-party components include Erlang/OTP and RabbitMQ. For more information on their paths, see Specifying Custom Locations for Metasys Server Application and Databases
- From the Available Network Interface Cards list, select the appropriate option. See Configuring additional network cards .
- Click Install.
- When the installation completes, click Restart Now.