If you are installing the Metasys Server software on a virtual machine (VM), verify the following before you start to install Metasys:
- Ensure that the virtual machine is running in static memory mode, not dynamic. Otherwise, operational issues with SQL Server may occur.
- If you are upgrading from a hardware server to a VM, configure the Metasys Server VM with the same amount of memory as the hardware server, or with at least 8 GB of memory.
- Set the hard drive size to fixed, not dynamic.
- If required, add processor power to the VM.
- In Microsoft Hyper-V, verify that the Process compatibility option under Virtual Machine Settings > Processor > Compatibility is not selected (Figure 1). For some Intel CPUs, this box is selected by default.
Figure 1. Processor compatibility setting on Metasys Server