Symantec Endpoint Protection software at version 12.0 or later is permitted on computers that run Metasys software.
However, within the SEP software configuration, select only the anti-virus and anti-spyware features. The other two features, Proactive Threat Protection and Network Threat Protection, can interfere with communication between Metasys software and supervisory devices. Follow the steps in this section to properly install and configure this software.
- Select Install an unmanaged client. A question box appears regarding installation as an
unmanaged client. Click Yes to continue.
The Symantec Endpoint Protection software at version 14.0 installation wizard no longer has the option to install an unmanaged client. To do so with this version of software, refer to Symantec's proprietary support here: http://support.symantec.com/en-us/article.HOWTO101759.html.
- Select Unmanaged client for the Client Type. Note: Do not select Managed client. If your network is managed by a Symantec server, selecting the Managed Client option changes the custom settings and could prevent the Metasys user interface from working correctly.
- Select the Custom setup type.
- Disable the installation of these options: Advanced Download Protection, Outlook Scanner, Notes Scanner, POP3/SMTP Scanner, Proactive Threat Protection, and Network Threat Protection. To disable, click the down arrow and select Entire feature will be unavailable.
- Select Enable Auto-Protect, Run LiveUpdate, and Disable Windows Defender (if the option is available) for Protection Options.
- Do not select the File Reputation Data Submission check box.
- Do not select the check box under Data Collection -- Installation Options.
- Allow the LiveUpdate process to complete after installation of the Symantec Endpoint Protection software.
- Double-click the Symantec Endpoint Protection icon in the Windows task bar. The
Status screen appears. Verify that the Proactive Threat Protection and Network Threat
Protection features are not installed. If they do not appear on the Status screen, they
are not installed.If the Proactive Threat Protection and Network Threat Protection features are installed, they appear on the Status screen. You must remove them from your computer.
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Programs and Features. Click Symantec Endpoint Protection in the list of installed programs.
- Click Change to start the InstallShield Wizard for Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- When you reach the Program Maintenance screen, select Modify. Click Next. The Custom Setup screen appears.
- Click the feature icon and select Entire feature will be unavailable for both Proactive Threat Protection and Network Threat Protection. An X appears in front of those features. Click Next. Complete the steps in the installation wizard.