McAfee® VirusScan® Enterprise version 8.8 with Patch 9 is permitted on computers that run Metasys software.
We recommend installing McAfee VirusScan Enterprise software using the following recommendations. If you deviate from these recommendations, Metasys software may not work correctly. If you must enable higher security settings from what is recommended, gradually add changes and check for system reliability as you do so.
- Select the Typical or Custom setup type.
- Select Standard Protection for the Access Protection Level.
- Select Run On-Demand Scan when the installation is complete. We recommend that you take the time now to run a full scan to ensure the computer is prepared for Metasys software. This process can take from 30 to 60 minutes to complete.
- Open the VirusScan Console, click Task > Properties. The Access Protection Properties window appears. Under Categories, select Anti-virus Standard Protection. In the protection rules table, remove the Block and Report check marks for Prevent Mass Mailing Worms From Sending Mail. Leave all other category settings at their defaults.
- Right-click Full Scan in the VirusScan Console, and select Properties.
Click the Performance tab. Under System utilization, slide the bar pointer to the Low setting.
Click Schedule, and with the assistance of your local IT staff, define a daily scan schedule. Do not scan at midnight because the Metasys system performs a daily archive at that time. Click OK to save the schedule. Click OK on the On-Demand Scan Properties-Full Scan window.
- Click Task > On-Access Scanner Properties in the VirusScan
Console. The On-Access Scanner Properties window appears.
Click the All Processes icon, then select Configure different scanning policies for high-risk, low-risk, and default processes. The left pane refreshes to show additional icons.
Click Low-Risk Processes. Click Add and add Sqlservr.exe and Sqlwriter.exe to the list of low-risk processes. (If the files do not appear in the list box, click Browse and locate them under the Microsoft SQL Server folder.) Click OK to save the changes.