About this task
You can use a third party vendor to request certificates. You need to access the third party site to download, import, and renew certificates. The third party vendor provides a Personal Information Exchange - PKCS#12 (.p12) file with a private key and password.
Note: Only the PKCS #12 file format can export a certificate and its private key.For further information and instructions on certificate management, refer to the relevant sections in Appendix: Certificate management and security.
To import a third-party certificate in to the Metasys server, complete the following steps:
- Copy the .p12 file onto the server.
- Double-click the .p12 file in the server to launch the Certificate Import Wizard window.
- Select Current User in the Store Location box and click Next.
- A User Account Control prompt appears. Select No.
- The next screen prompts you to specify the file you want to import. Use the Browse button to help locate the .p12 file. Click Next.
- Type the password for the private key in the password box. Select Include all extended properties in the Import options section.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate as the location where to store the certificate. Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the certificate import.