About this task
To renew a certificate for a Metasys server or SCT computer, complete the following steps:
- In Control Panel, select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. The IIS main screen appears. and double-click
- Under the IIS section in the middle pane, double-click Server Certificates. The Server Certificates panel appears.
- Under Server Certificates, highlight the expiring certificate that needs to be renewed.
- On the Actions pane, click Renew. The Renew an Existing Certificate dialog appears.
- Click Create a renewal certificate request and then click Next.
- On the File Name page, click the browse button to navigate to where you want to save the CSR file, enter the filename, and then click Open. Make sure to note the filename and the location where you saved your CSR file.
- Open this file as a text file. Copy the entire body of the text file, including the Begin New Certificate Request and End New Certificate Request tags, and paste it into the online order process when you are prompted by your certificate authority.
- Complete the steps in the Importing root and intermediate certificates section.
- Expand the Connections in the left pane so that Default Web Site appears. Click Default Web Site.
- On the Actions pane, click Bindings under Edit Site. The Site Bindings screen appears.
- Select Port 443 and click Edit. The Edit Site Bindings window appears.
Expand the SSL certificate drop-down box, verify that the
certificate is recognized and appears in the drop-down box. Click OK.
Note: Make sure that proper certificate revocation, such as Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) stapling, is enabled and configured. For more information about OCSP configuration refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-ocsp/5792b4c4-c6ba-439a-9c2a-52867d12fb66