About this task
Follow these steps to import root and intermediate certificates of a Metasys server or SCT computer at the client computer (that is, the computer that remotely logs in to SMP or SCT). Also perform these steps to import certificates when the IT department or CA provided separate files for the root and intermediate certificates.
Start the Microsoft Management Console at the client computer by typing
mmcin the Search bar and pressing Enter. The Microsoft Management Console screen appears.
- Click . The Add or Remove Snap-ins screen appears.
- Under the Available snap-ins list, select Certificates and click Add. The Certificate Snap-in screen appears.
- Select Computer account and click Next. The Select Computer screen appears.
- Click Local computer and click Finish. The Add or Remove Snap-ins screen appears indicating the Certificates addition.
- Click OK. The Microsoft Management Console window appears with the Certificates snap-in.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Under More Actions, click . The Certificate Import Wizard appears.
- With Local Machine pre-selected, click Next. The next screen prompts you for the location of the certificate file request. Select the certificate request file, using the Browse button to help locate the file. Click Next.
- Select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities as the location where to store the certificate. Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the certificate import.
- Under , verify the root certificate has been imported.
- Repeat the steps in this section for importing any required intermediate server certificates as necessary, but in Step 7, select the Intermediate Certification Authorities as the certificate type.