About this task
Follow this procedure to manually remove self-signed certificates before upgrading Metasys server software or SCT software for a computer that has been renamed as part of the upgrade.
- Start the Microsoft Management Console at the Metasys server or SCT computer by typing mmc in the Search bar and pressing Enter. The Microsoft Management Console screen appears.
- Click . The Add or Remove Snap-ins screen appears.
- Under the Available snap-ins list, select Certificates and click Add. The Certificate Snap-in screen appears.
- Select Computer account and click Next. The Select Computer screen appears.
- Click Local computer and click Finish. The Add or Remove Snap-ins screen appears indicating the Certificates.
- In the Add or Remove Snap-ins window, click Add again. The Certificate Snap-in screen appears again. This time, click . The Add or Remove Snap-ins screen appears showing the two snap-ins you just added.
- Click OK. The Microsoft Management Console window appears with the Certificates snap-in.
Expand Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Look for a certificate
that matches the old name of the computer. Several identical certificates may be
listed. In this example, three certificates for the computer called ADS-WIN10
Figure 1. Removing Certificate - Selecting Certificates to Delete
- Select trusted certificates with the old computer name and click the Delete button or select . The trusted certificates are removed. The next step is to remove personal certificates.
- Expand Personal. Look for a certificate that matches the old name of the computer. Several identical certificates may be listed.
- Select personal certificates with the old computer name and click the Delete button or select .
- Close the Microsoft Management Console, optionally saving the Console settings.