- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Warning Banner
- U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Warning Banner
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Warning Banner
Once enabled, the Warning Banner you selected appears for all local, Active Directory service, and for RADIUS users when they log in to the SMP UI of either a Metasys Server or network engine. All local, Active Directory, and RADIUS users must agree to the conditions on the warning statement before access is granted.
- After you change the warning banner, the change can take up to five minutes to activate on all network engines that report to the Site Director, because the Site Director needs time to initiate the change to all its child devices.
- Whenever an operator changes the Warning Banner selection, an entry is sent to the audit log and appears in the Audit Viewer (Figure 2).
- The Warning Banner does not appear before you log in to the Metasys Advanced Reporting System, SCT UI, Metasys UI, Metasys UI Offline, or LonWorks® Control Server (LCS85).
- The only method for removing the Warning Banner from the login process is to set the Warning Banner attribute on the Site object to None. The Warning Banner attribute is stored in the device archive. If you download the Metasys Server from an archive that has been uploaded with the banner option enabled, the banner appears.
When the Metasys system login screen appears, you have up to 30 seconds to log in. If 30 seconds passes with no user activity, the login screen closes and the Warning Banner screen returns. The Warning Banner also reappears after you log out of the Metasys system or the system logs you out because of user inactivity.
The Warning Banner remains on the screen until either you click OK, I AGREE, or you manually close the banner window. The banner does not close on its own.
Figure 3 is a representation of the Warning Banner that appears if you have selected the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Warning Banner.
Figure 4 is a representation of the Warning Banner that appears if you have selected the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Warning Banner.
Figure 5 is a representation of the Warning Banner that appears if you have selected the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Warning Banner.