To configure the modem/router into bridge mode, complete the following steps:
- Log in to your modem/router. You must configure your modem or router into bridge mode. The user interface of the modem or router is particular to the manufacturer documentation and your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The steps included here are general. Consult the modem/router and your ISP documentation for further details.
- Select and record the DHCPv4 End Address.
- Select the
and set the parameters as follows:
- Set the Allocation Mode to Default Server.
- Set the Default Server Internal Address to the DHCPv4 End Address recorded in Step 2.
- Set the Passthrough Mode to DHCP-fixed.
- Set the Passthrough Fixed MAC Address to the MAC Address on the MX Security Appliance. The MAC Address is typically listed on the product label on the bottom panel of the device.